Are you our creative games/elearning web dev guru?
Colehouse is looking for a flexible, freelance or contract web game developer to come and help us build some web based mini e-learning games.
Us: we’re a small, friendly and informal but perfectly formed bunch with a portfolio of amazing clients and an extensive background in marketing, innovation, digital product and service development, ecommerce, content creation, social activation, e-learning and everything in-between and we are building a set of small, simple browser based e-learning games for an educational client.
You: are a kick arse, creative web developer and games maker, you need to be familiar with scoping and building cross browser games (scoring, great game play, high quality graphics and animation), with a particular focus on e-learning development for mobile and tablet browsers and devices (from mobile to tablet to desktop) all hosted and deployed in a web environment.
You are comfortable and familiar working closely, as a core member of a multiskilled crew of teacher, game and experience designer and UX/UI and a small hand picked team of testers and be happy working mostly remotely but with some essential face to face and full team sessions through the project (locations and lockdown restrictions permitting).
And you will be responsible for recommending the best solutions (mind we do love components) and to develop, build and deploy high standard, fun, accessible and above all cross browser compatible e-learning online games.
Sounds like you? Then read on…
The must haves:
- Proven experience and familiarity in developing and delivering a variety of high quality, successful games with a variety of widely used web tech stacks (JS etc)
- Proven experience and familiarity with developing and deploying successful cross browser games for android, apple and PC browser based environments.
- Familiarity with building components to reuse across games and for further game development.
- Familiarity with building secure, multiplayer online environments.
- Familiarity working closely alongside small blended teams and collaborating in the development of the activities.
- Experience in working in hybrid/agile environments to tight deadlines.
Very nice extras to have:
- Experience in developing e-learning projects and activities.
- Experience in webar and browser voice.
- Experience in web animation and 3d.
- Experience in natural language processing (GPT3 etc) and chatbots.
- Experience in development for social platforms.
- A good creative and collaborative mindset.
- Experience in setting up and participating in live test sessions.
Timings: The role is initially for a fixed term of two months, with an immeadiate start for the successful applicant and yes, there is a good budget (we don’t do freebies).
To apply please fill out the form below and add a CV plus links to three of your best online games… and what you did on each project.