Are you our games design/animation saint?
Colehouse is looking for a flexible, freelance or contract designer/animator to come and help us build some browser based mini e-learning games.
Us: we’re a small, friendly and informal but perfectly formed bunch with a portfolio of amazing clients and an extensive background in marketing, innovation, digital product and service development, ecommerce, content creation, social activation, e-learning and everything in-between
We are building a set of web e-learning mini games for an educational client, these games will be used by both pupils (pre-school and older), through to parents and also teachers in class.
You: are a passionate, up and coming creative designer and animator, you have some experience concepting, interaction designing and creating fun online mini games from helping concept, storyboarding and delivering the design and animation assets and components for test and build.
You should have experience designing and producing good looking game assets (from flat design to character animation to good looking simple interfaces) that will need to be responsive (mobile first, tablet second, desktop third) and be happy working closely with the lead developer and art director/product owner to ensure the leanest build and the best game play experience for all users across all browsers and devices.
And whilst we have existing brand guidelines and characters etc you will have a big hand in evolving the guides and brand style (working alongside the art director) to create the best fun, playable environments and experience within those guides.
You are comfortable and familiar working closely, as a core member of a multiskilled crew of teacher, game and experience developer, art director and product owner, and a small hand picked team of testers, and you will also be happy working mostly remotely but with some essential face to face and full team sessions through the project (locations and lockdown restrictions permitting).
Sounds like you? Then read on…
The must haves:
- A real flair and love of designing brilliant, great looking and great playing games for children
- Proven experience in helping concept, design and production of a variety of high quality, online interactive activities with a variety of widely used web design and animation tools (adobe suite primarily).
- Proven experience and familiarity with designing and creating successful cross browser designs, assets and interaction for cross browser web environments (chrome, safari, firefox etc).
- Good Experience with design for accessibility
- Familiarity with designing components to reuse across multiple games and for further game development.
- Familiarity working closely alongside small blended teams and collaborating in the development of the activities.
- Experience in working in hybrid/agile environments to tight deadlines
Very nice extras to have:
- Experience in concept, storyboard and designing e-learning projects and activities.
- Experience in webar and 3d
- A good creative and collaborative mindset.
- Experience in setting up and participating in live test sessions.
- Timings: The role is for a fixed term of two months, with an immediate start for the successful applicant and yes, there is a good budget (we don’t do freebies).
Contract Length: Max Two Months.
Compensation dependent on experience.
Project can be carried out remotely with meet-ups.
To apply please fill out the form below and add a CV plus design portfolio and links your best online games… and what you did on each project.